Pages

Monday, 23 January 2012

SOPA?

Ahoy all! I know. I know. SOPA is like sooo yesteryear. However, for those who haven't heard about it yet, SOPA stands for Stop Online Piracy Act, and is usually associated with PIPA that is Protect Intellectual Property Act. Basically,  SOPA is a bill introduced by a US Rep named Lamar Odom Smith to illegalize paid-softwares/audio/videos/documents/etc from being shared for freeeee.Such as those free drama series that we usually downloaded from Megaupload and others. BTW, R.I.P. Megaupload. 

Anyhoooo, my personal opinion is, it's true that we should protect our own personal intellectual properties. Downloading a free mp3 per se from the net is like overtaking their supposedly gained profit from the song.. despite.. (refer to picture)


 However, law enforcing that consequently ends up with restriction is enough to make the world despises you. Therefore SOPA, please don't make Wikipedia shuts down. It's one of my highly-reliable source of general infos about stuff. If not, i will be pretty mad ending up having to read the encyclopedia on my own w/o simplified terms as such given by Wikipedia!


Thank you...












And to be clear, it's SOPA, not SOAP.

so addicted to 9gag~~

**all pictures are credited to Google images

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha! SOAP FTW!

    Yeah, It's depressing that Megaupload had shut itself down. If the same thing happens to Wikipedia, I'll be a lost soul! Like, literally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya!!i had withdrawal symptom the whole 24 hours of wiki blackout..pity3...

    ReplyDelete

Buzz!